Due to Covid-19, the Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) has temporarily allowed at home testing through an approved proctor service for the school exams. Our on-site testing has been suspended until the risk of infection has diminished.
Schedule Your School Exam
Once you have completed all your sessions in the Real Estate Licensing Program, you are eligible to take the School Exam. We have designed our School Exam to mimic the State Exam as much as possible, to better prepare you to pass your State Exam the first time. You must pass your School and State exams with a score of at least 75%. You have 3.5 hours to take your 180 question exam. While the exam is challenging for some, Arizona School of Real Estate has the highest pass rates in the state! We recommend that you take the School Exam as soon as possible after you complete the 18 sessions while the material is still fresh in your mind.
You will have three chances to take and pass the proctored online test with our third-party partner ProctorU. If you do not pass on the 3rd attempt, your student account will be locked out of taking the test again until you have completed one of our Virtual Instructor Q&A Sessions. Effective 1/4/21
ProctorU® Scheduling and Fees
The cost of Proctored School Exam is included in our package pricing for exams scheduled at least 72 hours out from the time of registration. You will only be asked to pay a convenience fee should you schedule an exam that is sooner than 72 hours.
In your student account, select your Prelicense course and you will find the link to the ProctorU site to set up an account. Once you are ready to schedule your exam you will schedule a time with ProctorU to have one of their proctors launch and monitor your exam.
Because you are testing from the convenience of your home and not onsite in a controlled testing environment there will be a check-in process to make sure you meet both requirements of ProctorU and the State for taking an online proctored test. Please review the resources below on scheduling and preparing for your proctored test appointment
Download Step-by-Step Instructions
Things To Know Before Taking Your Exam
- Test your equipment! Test your equipment to ensure it meets ProctorU’s requirements.
- Chromebooks, Tablets, and Smartphones are not permitted to use for testing. View ProctorU’s exam equipment requirements here
- A webcam & functioning microphone is required.
- Items allowed during the exam:
- 4 function calculator or Financial calculator
- 2 sheets of blank paper
- Sign into your school student account using Chrome or Firefox prior to the start of your proctored exam.
- Check-in Process: There will be various checks preformed by your proctor to make sure your testing area is secure and meets ProctorU and State testing regulations. You can view a detailed list here.
- ID Requirements
- Non-expired Government Issued ID
- Resource & Person Check for Unacceptable Items
- Personal Items (headphones, watches, etc.)
- Additional display monitors
- Books, materials, or outside resources
- Environment Check
- You need to test from a cleared hard surface such as a desk or table.
- All glass windows and doors in your testing area must be covered.
- Cell Phones will need to be seen by the proctor prior to being placed out of reach.
- Any outside programs running will be checked and closed by your proctor.
- You will need to show your testing area including the walls, ceiling, above and under your desk.
ProctorU® Test Walkthrough
How do I test my equipment?
How to get started with ProctorU
Exam Day: What to Expect
What do I need to have for my exam?
What am I allowed and not allowed to do during my exam?
Rescheduling / Retaking School Exam
You may schedule to re-test with a proctor through ProctorU® following the same instructions as your initial exam. Remember if testing sooner than 72 hours you will be subject to a convenience fee and the Q&A is required after each third exam attempt. Please note that you must cancel your exam within 24 hours to avoid being charged.
You can access your Exam Statistics in your student account under your pre license class information page in the Documents section.
I’ve passed my school exam now what?
Once you pass with a score of 75% or greater, you will receive a Certificate of Completion within 24 hours from signing the Proctor Certification in your student account. Keep this certificate in a safe place, as you will need it when you take your State Exam.
What you’ll receive:
• Instructions for scheduling state exam through Pearson Vue
• Certificate of completion
• Disclosure documents (must be turned in with your real estate application)
• Brokers: Broker candidate experience verification form Li226 (bring completed form to your state exam)
Need more information about what to expect at the state exam?
Pearson Vue Candidate Handbook