There are no scheduled courses at this time. Please check back later.
Take the GREEN Designation Course from NAR’s 2010 GREEN Instructor of the Year…Curtis Hall!
Hogan School receives GREEN council award…read more about it
NAR’s Green Designation
NAR’s Green Designation is the only NAR conferred real estate designation designed for agents looking to learn about issues of energy efficiency and sustainability in the various facets of real estate. As consumer demand for knowledge on these issues increase, so will your awareness of green issues. When you earn NAR’s Green Designation, you will gain:
- Access to customizable members-only marketing tools to help you build your business and gain a competitive edge
- A comprehensive understanding of what it means to go green and the concerns of consumers seeking green knowledge about real estate
- Valuable real estate education that differentiates your market focus and broadens your abilities in the eyes your clients, prospective clients and associates
- Enhanced ability to participate in the green real estate market
- Ongoing specialized training and exclusive designation benefits and resources that help you stay on top of green real estate issues and trends
If you’re ready to be a green real estate leader in your community, get started today!
How to Earn NAR’s Green Designation
The following requirements must be met to earn and use NAR’s Green Designation
- Complete NAR Green Day 1: Resource-Efficient Homes: Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New-Home Construction
- Complete NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers: Resource-Efficient Homes
- Submit your Green Designation Application
- Maintain active membership status with the Green REsource Council ($98.50 annually) and the National Association of REALTORS®
Students who successfully complete NAR Green Day 1 and Day 2 will receive a free year of membership in the Green REsource council. Second year dues will be $98.50, prorated based on when you completed Day 2. Third year dues and every year thereafter will be $98.50.
NAR Green Designee Benefits
- National recognition as an official NAR designation
- The REsource, a monthly eNewsletter with information about resource efficiency and sustainability issues
- Free monthly webinars to expand your knowledge on industry trends
- Ready-to-send green messages to post on Facebook and Twitter
- Customizable, downloadable marketing materials: logos, brochures, postcards, press releases, and more
- Lisiting in a searchable online directory of NAR Green Designees, which can be viewed by potential clients and referrals
- Certificate and lapel pin
What is the Green REsource Council
Established by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of theNational Association of REALTORS®, the Green REsource Council was founded to make the knowledge of green real estate practices available to everyone. We accomplish this by focusing our attention on providing sustainable education to real estate agents; the link to millions of home buyers, sellers and builders.
We award students who successfully complete the program requirements with NAR’s Green Designation and membership to our council. Designed for residential professionals, NAR’s Green Designation addresses the increasing demand for knowledge and resources on both new and existing sustainable homes.
Green REsource Council members place themselves at the leading edge of green real estate, gaining access to member benefits including ongoing education, up-to-date green resources and professionally crafted marketing tools. We also work to promote NAR’s Green Designation by growing consumer and builder awareness and supporting green real estate advocacy.
What is the benefits for agents
The Green REsource Council is a unique community committed to the future of the real estate industry—and the planet. We connect like-minded NAR Green Designees working to green their businesses and their lives.
The demand for green is growing. As awareness about the benefits of sustainable homes increases, more and more businesses are greenwashing, or falsely claiming to be green. As an NAR Green Designee, you’ll learn how to distinguish fact from fiction and receive ongoing education about green industry information, cost savings and energy efficient technology, increased value and green ratings, health benefits and green design, green incentives, green living and more!
Put yourself at the forefront of the green movement by earning NAR’s Green Designation and help your clients take small steps to big change.
What you will learn
NAR Green Day 1: Resource-Efficient Homes: Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New-Home Construction
Day one will cover the distinguishing characteristics that make a home resource thrifty. The course looks at why consumer demand for these homes is increasing and how both the homes and consumer expectations impact the market. The course prepares real estate professionals to provide advice and sources of information to help homeowners improve the resource efficiency of their homes from low-cost fixes and DIY projects to retrofitting and replacing systems to big-budget remodeling projects. The course also looks at constructing a new, resource-efficient home and the value that real estate professionals can bring to the design and build team.
NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers: Resource-Efficient Homes
The second course in the designation program sequence, focuses on applying the knowledge of resource-efficient, smart, and certified homes gained in the preceding course and adapting core real estate skills to build business success in the niche market for resource-efficient homes. Whether you represent the buyer or the seller, the agent on the other side of the transaction may not share your knowledge of resource-efficient homes. Particularly, if you represent the seller, you may need to put some extra effort into helping the buyer’s representative understand how the features and performance of the home affect the value. If you work with buyers, this course will help you apply your knowledge of green homes to help you best represent your client with the purchase of these niche market homes in all areas from buyer representation, consultations, and disclosures through the entire process.
NAR Green Day 1: Resource-Efficient Homes: Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New-Home Construction – General Credit 6 Hours
NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers: Resource-Efficient Homes – Agency Law Credit 6 Hours
NAR Green Day 1: Resource-Efficient Homes: Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New-Home Construction – $149
NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers: Resource-Efficient Homes – $149
TOTAL TUITION FOR BOTH DAYS $298
REFUND POLICY: If the program is cancelled by Hogan School, a full refund will be given. Any cancellations received less than 48 hours from class start date will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
Course also available Online thru REALTOR University
Arizona CE credit not available for these online courses.
Curtis Hall, ABR, CRS, SRS, GREEN
Curtis Hall co-authored the ABR® course in 1993 and is a full-time real estate practitioner in Phoenix, Arizona. Curtis has sat on more than twelve local REALTOR® Association and NAR committees and was awarded REALTOR® of the Year by his local Association. As a participant on several Professional Standards committees and with his expertise in all aspects of risk management, Curtis is called upon frequently by the legal community as an expert witness.
- There is a 5 minute late rule. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, you will not receive credit for attending the course. No exceptions.
- You must check in with the front desk prior to entering the classroom.
- You must sign in on the Class Attendance roster prior to the beginning of the course.